Thursday, February 15, 2007

www.kathysart.com FREE ART GIFTS







As I drove to physical therapy today I thought about my paintings and how far I had come from last April. I thought about the people who have helped me on my way... wow. Where would I be without those people.

As I have said I fell down a flight of stairs last April and have been trying to get full use of my hand back ever since. I have what is called Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. UG!

I am so thankful to Dr. Hiller and his staff who took me on, monitored me and encouraged me because I am an artist and Dr. Hiller has a soft spot in his heart for them. Such a kind and dear man.

Anne Carlson and the people at Rehabilitation Hospital of the Pacific. They have worked with me and helped me every step of the way when I was sure I couldn't do it. I am getting closer to my goal of recovery because of them.

Carrie Johnson... oh my gosh she is my savior on so many levels. She does my website and anything else I need for my art. More than that though she is a level head. When I write emails to her feeling like I am scattered and insecure she comes back with logical thinking and even describes pathways for me. She is my acting buddy, my soundboard and my partner in business. She is an amazing woman and I adore her.

Ahh my dear, dear friends Shan and Mailin, who came to visit me and remained friends even when I would not come out of my bedroom. I was so sure that I would not paint again. I love them for calling me and loving me anyway... wow. I love them for taking me to the Volcano Artist Studio Tour, I felt back into the art world somehow.
I needed to come out of my house. After 6 months I finally did. I cannot describe the dark hole only that I was in one.

Most of all though I thank my husband Dennis, my soul mate, my high school sweetheart and love of my life. He is in fact the most unselfish person I have ever met. He went through a lot with me, tears and fits of rage. He took care of me in body and soul. He has ALWAYS believed in me and the reasons I paint. He nags me when I need to be and strokes me when I am crazy... which perhaps it a lot! He has sacrificed so much for this life of an artist.

I thank Cody King at Wailoa Center for the show coming up... wow! A reason to paint with vigor.

Thank you Bob Hogge at Monkdogz Urban Art in New York. He called me at my sisters house in Nevada to see how I was after my fall. My show came up in New York just weeks after. He has also set up a show for me this April. Thank you Bob Hogge and Marina Hadley his business partner.

NO ONE stands alone right? We all at one time or another rely on the propping up of people who come across our pathway.

Blessings and Aloha for today. Kathy

No comments: